Thursday, December 15, 2016

Red: Insomnia



Shout out to all the night owls! I mean, it's hard to fall asleep when there is a whole world going on out there, right? And by "whole world going on out there," I mean the world of YouTube videos, Facebook stalking and self analyzation. That being said, I have complied a list based of off the random shenanigans an insomniac encounters during the wee hours of the night.
Laughing at videos of people injuring themselves.
There is a 99.9% chance I won't find these videos as hilarious in the morning but hey, they are hilarious now.

Crying at soldier home-coming videos.
Ok, these will definitely be just as heartfelt in the morning.
Food Videos.
OMG. As if late night cravings aren't hard enough. You have to throw a video of "Easy To Make Oreo Skillet Brownies with Hot Fudge" into the mix? Thanks, internet. Thanks.

Stalking your ex-boyfriends cousin’s brother and realizing he’s actually dating you’re camp friends best home friends sister. Wow! Small world!
Finding out information like this is super important.
Playing out unrealistic scenarios in your head.
I mean, there may be a chance that my crush will ask me on his formal, we will start dating, end up getting married, have 3 kids, live on the country side and fall asleep in each others arms every night...But then again, he is unaware of my existence so maybe not.
Remembering that embarrassing thing you did four months ago, hoping that if you continuously replay it in your mind it will somehow become less embarrassing.
This. Is. The. Worst. But seriously, why do we feel as if we keep replaying these bad memories, it will somehow become less embarrassing or better yet...disappear.
Debating if you should friend request that boy you hooked up with last weekend...but don't know if it would be weird or seem like your coming on to strong.
Because the simple act of requesting to be somebody's friend might seriously send some wrong signals...
Having an epiphany on how to solve world peace and hunger.
I mean, its simple!
Finishing the second season of a show you started that morning.
There is a lot of time to kill when your an insomniac.
Refreshing Instagram and snapchat every 2 minutes even though no one posts anything new or exciting at 5 AM.
Come on people, I can't be the only one awake at this time!

Analyzing yourself, your friends and the world.
Shout out to my BFF who wakes up almost every morning with 20 missed texts from me explaining and describing my every hope, dream, question and regret.
Regretting all your past life decisions.
And now is the time where you begin to regret everything from that second slice of pizza to your ex-boyfriend. But hey, maybe its just the drowsiness talking?
Watching a video of a dog saying “I love you” and wondering how a dog can be smarter than you.
......
Debating whether or not you should get up to go to the bathroom, but you are so comfy in your current position so you attempt to hold it in even though you know eventually you're going to have to get up and go.
It happens to the best of us.
Getting all comfy and cozy in your perfect night time position, giving your phone one last glance before you go off to dream land, and noticing that you have approximately 2 hours and 34 minutes until your alarm goes off and you have to start your day. I'll sleep when I'm dead I guess...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lavender: Kisses by Kessler