I looked upon the crisp, cut snow which brought back memories from years ago
I glanced up at the crystal sky, a tear in my eye, the urge to cry,
she would have loved to frolic and play, in the snowflakes all day, to get her inside, there would be no way, I told myself to know
We’ll be back someday.
I trudged through the glistening white, struggling to stay sturdy with all my might,
Sinking deeper by step, all the hope I kept
I’d hear your giggle again one night.
I stared up at the heaven, that’s hidden by many a cloud
She was only almost seven, I gazed upon and looked within, I hope she would be proud.
The wait is okay, it will help when I pray,
We’ll be back someday.
The whisper of the breeze, made my fingertips freeze, though I saw a faint shape in the air.
An eyelid fluttered, the sound of my voice stuttered, a gasp I muttered
Could she be right there?
The sky seemed to smile, I stared there for a while, picturing my sister’s golden locks of hair
I have been saying some day, ever since she passed away,
We’ll be back… today?
“Oh sister!” I cried, “Ever since you had died, I have never been the same,”
“Come back my love, oh the angels from above, please send my sister on her way!”
The face in the sky reached out a hand, not a lie, and I lifted mine as well.
To stay mentally stable, I had to try, but down my tears had fell.
All of a sudden, a gust broke through, and the wind whispered, loudly, “I love youuuu”
Escaped me was a scream, my heart pounded, my eyes gleam, and I pondered, was this all a dream?
If not, than this is real, all my emotions I could feel, the heavens had found a way
To get us back that day.
“Oh sister, never leave, for my loneliness is true,
My joy will be deceased, until the day I’m with you.”
The structure in the sky grew a grin, the crisp and the coldness still thin,
Until a hurricane like wind knocked me off of my feet, and vanished the face within.
The sky had become as gracious as a swan, the clouds were vague but they still moved on,
And my sister…
She was gone.
I looked in the air, but nothing was there, I needed to swear or... start a prayer
But my sister had elapsed, forever, perhaps, into the winter sky that was bare.
In this world full of gray, I hoped that a fay, could shine her back in my life like a golden ray
But their would be no way, not even the largest bribe of pay, could get us back together someday.

No comments:
Post a Comment